The arrival of cloud storage services has changed the way people and businesses in Ventura and throughout the world store their data and communicate with each other.
Now not only can businesses avoid housing large, bulky filing cabinets full of physical files in their offices, they don’t even need high-capacity onsite server storage capabilities.
What is the Cloud?
Simply put, the cloud is a system of offsite servers that individuals and businesses use to store their digital files and media. The servers are managed by a hosting company and individuals and organizations buy or rent digital space from them.
The hosting company is responsible for the upkeep of the servers and ensuring that their users have reliable access to their stored information.
Use of the cloud is already widespread with individuals storing their photos and music on the cloud rather than on their phones, and any organization that uses Google's suite of application is well versed in the value of cloud storage.
How Has the Cloud Changed the Way We Do Business in Ventura?
The cloud has opened up doors that previously didn't exist for businesses. Just a few of the reasons many Southern California businesses have migrated to the cloud include:
- Remote access—anyone in the company can log in and access information from anywhere
- Natural disaster protection—servers are kept secure and backed up
- Scalability—you only pay for the amount of storage you use
- Easy file sharing—one document hosted offsite can be accessed by anyone granted access
- Increased security—hosting companies take extreme measures to keep all data
- Reduced power/maintenance costs—you don’t have to pay for server maintenance or energy use
Get Free Quotes on Cloud Storage Services for Your Southern California Organization
Ready to migrate to the cloud? Call our Ventura storage experts at (805) 310-4867 or fill out the form on the left and we’ll help you find and establish a secure and reliable cloud storage solution for your digital storage needs.